TuneList - Make your site Live

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Faith Tells That He'll Get Up from His Bed Soon!

For all my college friends who are going to face Fungal Biotechnology exam today >> JIA YOU!!! o(^O^)9

Okay, after Sally did, now it's my turn to share my own true story..
Maybe some of you have heard this incident or even have visited my brother at the hospital..
Thank you guys!! ^O^
Thank you for your love, time, support, and prayers.. (They do mean a lot~ Just keep praying and hoping! God bless you all :))

On Friday, May 28, my younger brother and his friends went to play futsal (mini football) at Kelapa Gading..
They went there at 10:00 PM and finished at around 12:30 AM..
On his way back home, a drunken driver hit his motorcycle from behind..
My brother was flung into front side of the drunken driver's car with his head hit the car's mirror..


The drunken driver tried to get away but some of my brother's friend successfully caught him..
My brother was immediately taken to the nearest hospital by a police car..
That night my mom and dad got a call from a police whose inform the accident..
I wasn't woken up, considering Granny who was staying at our house..
I myself knew the news from my mom's message I read when I woke up that morning..
At first, I didn't believe the name my mom wrote in the message was my brother..
I directly called my mom just to get a confirmation..
Then I realized that it really happened..
I tried to be calm..
I prayed to God and felt convinced that HE has a really beautiful plan for my family behind all.. (HE really has!)

The doctor said that there was bleeding inside my brother's head, a rib fracture, and lung collapse..
My brother didn't get any operation because based on the doctor's analysis, it didn't need to be done..
According to his statement, the operation would be taken if bleeding were above 40 cc.. (My brother's bleeding was still 30 cc)
So my brother was given some medicines to stop the bleeding and got 15 stitching on his head..
His breath also was helped by a ventilator machine..
From that day, I and my family truly feel HIS guiding hand in our life..
Yeah, the thing we called MIRACLE that actually happens every day becomes very clear..

One of so many things I learn from this incident is:
We don't need to expect a "big" miracle. We only need "big" eyes to see miracle.
Until now, my brother is still lying on his bed at the hospital.. 
It has been 3 weeks or more since the accident took place.. 
But we (I, mom, and dad) already saw many MIRACLES happen during that period of time..

  1. On Saturday, May 29 (a day after the accident), HE started working on my brother. My brother could move his hand :)
  2. On Sunday, May 30, my mother was asked to pay down payment for my brother's brain CT-scan. The administration staff had called the waiting room for several times, but there was no answer. I was sleeping at the waiting room when the phone rang. At that day, one of our Sunday School teacher, Om Mikhainof, was visiting my brother. He was the one who answered the phone. My mom didn't bring enough cash money to pay that, she only had 2 millions rupiah from some other Sunday School teachers who also came before. Om Mikha said to mom that he has 3 millions. With the addition money, my mom payed 5 millions for the down payment. At the evening, a mother of my brother's college friend called my mom. She told that she wanna help my family and already gave 4 millions rupiah to her son who would come to the hospital that night. I myself had received an envelope from one of my brother's high school friend. When my mom opened it, there was 1 million rupiah inside it. In a crack, HE replace 5 millions in HIS way. Wow! You're always awesome, Dad. <3 <3
  3. Approximately 5 days after the accident, my brother could open his left eye! Praise the Lord! :D
  4. As time went by, many unpredictable help and prayers came from people we didn't know before. HE did fulfill my brother's medical treatment cost. Even more, a father of my brother's college friend who is a Buddhist gathered all of his friend and family to pray for my brother. It just amazed me. @.@
  5. On Thursday, June 10, my brother could yawn when Pdt. Handoyo from Gereja Tabernakel Pluit prayed for him through handphone. Thx again, Dad :)
  6. Many people suggested my mom to ask second opinion from a well-known neural doctor at the hospital where my brother is taken care, Dr. Sukono. But my mom felt reluctant because my brother already has his own neural doctor. It would be like underestimating my brother's neural doctor. Suddenly, my brother's neural doctor said that he must go to Korea and handed over my brother to Dr. Sukono. A coincidence?? NOT.
  7. On last Saturday, my brother's girlfriend and high school friends held a fund raising night for my brother at my brother's high school building. Many people came to this event, including some of my high school friends that I didn't expect to come. I was so touched and happy at a time. Thank you so much to Etta, Romi, Andrew, Depe, and Jeffrey. I do feel a true friendship that money can't buy. :))
The fund raising night poster

HE truly has a beautiful plan behind this and I felt it already..
  • I became acquainted with my brother's girlfriend, Stephanie, because of our meeting frequency at the hospital.
  • I made new friend with some of my brother's friends.
  • HE taught me, mom, and dad about true forgiveness. We already forgave him (the drunken driver) because we knew that HE also has a beautiful plan for him. I hope from this accident, he got a valuable lesson for his life. I hope he could feel YOUR loving-kindness that makes him fall into YOUR presence.. :)
  • HE also reminded my family to a pericope in Mark 12: 41-44 titled "The Widow's Offering". The case was: One of my aunt whom I called Ka Yuyun gave us some of her money. My mom already rejected it because my mom know well about her family condition, but she insisted my mom to take it. When my mom opened the envelope, the amount was big enough, considering her family's economic condition. My heart was touched. I think sometimes we might be considering about our offering to God, whereas our economic condition is way better than her. :'(
 

My brother's condition is getting better. Can you see that?! :))

I just feel many people contributing in this and I always ask them to keep praying.. 
I know Daddy JC will reveal to them that their faith in prayer is not futile.. 

I know YOU are alive,, 
YOU hear prayer of the righteous,, 
YOU create me, mom, dad, and also my brother,, 
YOU know us the best,, 
YOU can do impossible things,, 
because YOU are our miracle-working GOD.. ^__^ 

This is a video made by my brother's high school friend, Clara.. 
It was dedicated to my dearest brother.. (Thanks to Clara and Ariel.. Gbu two :D)
 

And these two picture were made by my 6 years old nephew, Samuel, on May 29, 2010 at 3.30 PM..
He drew these after he and his family came to His Altar and sang "Psalm 23" for my brother, Jan..
His mother said that he always sing that song every day for his dear uncle Jan.. (Thanks Sam.. Gbu always, dear :D)
 

So, do you still believe in miracle??
I believe...

No comments: