For you guys who never heard about this one,, you really should know it.. ;)
Human's ear is fun to be explored indeed.. :P
Yup! At least it's fun for some people who do binaural recording..
Questioning about the new word??
Binaural recording is a method of recording sound that uses a special microphone arrangement and is intended for replay using headphones. Dummy head recording is a specific method of capturing the audio, generally using a bust that includes pinnae (outer ears). Because each person's pinnae are unique, and because the filtering they impose on sound directionality is learned by each person from early childhood, the use of pinnae during recording that are not the same as the ultimate listener may lead to perceptual confusion (Wikipedia).
Maybe a simpler way to explain it is through this picture..
Picture taken from here
Okay,, now you must be curious of the result...
This is it...
The rule is
- Put on your headphone or earphone (please make sure you put the right side of your headphone/earphone to your right/left ear)
- Turn up the volume (the maximum is half of your PC's Master Volume)
- Eliminate all other sounds around you (turn off the TV, radio, or move to somewhere where it's more quiet)
- Get your sitting position if you're now lying in your bed
- Close your eyes while you're listening
You already sit on the chair and ready for a hair cut~~
This is the other type of binaural recording: Matchbox Rattles
Hope you enjoy!! :)