TuneList - Make your site Live

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another Alzheimer's Movie

I just finished from watching a recommended Korean movie by my friend.. (Thanks to Feny.. Great one.. ^^)
You guys can search it in YouTube with English subtitle.. ;)



It's a romantic story about an Alzheimer sufferer named Kim Su Jin. She meets Choi Chul Soo after she broke up with her ex-boyfriend, Young Min (I think his family name isn't mentioned in the movie) and falls in love with him. I think the romantic scene before they get married is a bit weird. -,-' And yup, I said it already. They becomes a happy married couple. Su Jin also teachs Chul Soo to forgive her mother. When he was a child, he was dumped by his mother and lived a hell-like life with his father. Su Jin says that her grandfather told her that "Forgiving is giving your hate just a little room in your heart". Absolutely like this! She's such a loveable, kind, and mature wife. Their after-married life goes well until Su Jin's Alzheimer symtomps start to appear and both of them find out about the disease. The scenes after this really touched me. Su Jin says to her husband that she has an eraser in her head (this movie's title in Korean can be tranlated into Eraser in My Head). She took very good care of her husband before the disease takes all away. Poor Chul Soo. You really must see it by yourself!

I'm pretty sure this movie's writers, Yeong-ha Kim and John H. Lee (one of them or both) is a Christian..
Just watch it and you'll find out!! ;)
My friend who studies in Korea also told me that she found many Christian church there..

And this letter is made by Kim Su Jin to her husband when suddenly she remembers all of her memory because of the photos set by Chul Soo..
At that moment,, Chul Soo was at work and Su Jin stayed at home..

" I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.
I never meant to break your heart.
God, what have I done?
Are you crying now?
I didn’t want to see you crying or in pain.
I wanted to make you happy.
But all I’ve done is put you in agony.
Chul-soo! Oh my love Chul-soo.
Don’t get me wrong.
I only love you
and only you.
I only think of you. I only remember you.
How badly do I wish to show you my heart!
Is there any way I can do that while my memory remains?
Oh, how my heart races.
I, Kim Su-jin love you Choi Chul-soo, only.
I don’t want to forget that. And I must not.
Can you see that? Can you feel my heart?
I’m afraid my just-returned memory will leave me again….
Before I can tell you everything I have to say
I love you. And I’m sorry.
I met you because I was forgetful.
I’m leaving you because I’m forgetful.
You were the best thing that ever happened to me.
How thankful I am to God for having sent you as a gift to me.
I don’t have to remember you. You’re a part of me.
I smile, laugh, and smell like you do.
I might forget you but nothing can drive you out of my body.
Although you’ve never told me you loved me, I know deep in my heart that you love me.
Forgive me for leaving you. "



No comments: